ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

Go down
View user profile

Thaumaturge Track

on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 22:19
Thaumaturgy: from Greek θαῦμα thaûma, meaning "miracle" or "marvel" and ἔργον érgon, meaning "work" is the capability of a magician or a saint to work magic or miracles.

To be a Thaumaturge is to learn how to shape reality. No prior experience is required, nor is a natural-born ability, but these are definitely helpful, as this track represents a lifetime of knowledge and practice. A Thaumaturge never stops learning. That said, the GT Thaumaturge Track acknowledges three levels of experience and learning, starting with a solid knowledge foundation and moving later into individual instruction for more challenging techniques.

Level 1 is the Senior Thaumaturge who has shown proficiency, understanding, and self-discipline in a number of Level 2 classes to the satisfaction of their teacher, and is now ready to teach others and respond to crisis situations as needed. They may also choose to specialize as desired, similar to a college major.

The prerequisite courses are as follows:

LEVEL 3 -- FOUNDATION COURSES:
1. History of Modern Thaumaturgy (or: How We Got Here) and Types of Magic
2. Defining Your Tools and Work Space
3. Energy Manipulation
4. Working with Guides/Spirits/Beings/Entities
5. Working with the World Around You
6. Offensive and Defensive Techniques
7. Gallifreyan Specifics (guest instructors)

These topics may take more than one week depending on how much discussion is wanted. Some may have co-instructors or guest instructors depending on the topic.

Level 2 courses may include such topics as:

• Designing Rituals
  • Co-Fronting Work with Guides
  • Astral/Ethereal Perception and Travel
  • Stealth and Glamourie
  • Sigil Work and Energy Gates
  • Working with Time
  • Weather Witchery
  • Blood Magic
  • Probability Manipulation
  • Quantum Magics
  • Qi Weaponry
  • Threads and Energy Trees
  • “Unseen Helpers” and Other Agents
  • Divination
  • Intuition and “the Clairs”
  • Energy healing methods

The path of the Thaumaturge is not an easy one, and not to be taken lightly, but is highly rewarding and transformational. You will never see the universe the same way again. 

Last edited by Eclipse on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 22:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting issues)
View user profilehttp://ravenflyingabove.deviantart.com/

Re: Thaumaturge Track

on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 00:07
I'm intrested

View user profile

on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 01:15
This is the track I'd like to be on alongside/after Pre-Req. have had some previous training, would it be alright if I studied the materials independently since I'm still taking the prerequisite for becoming a student? ~Sam (loveadric)
View user profilehttp://prydonianprincess.tumblr.com

on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 01:59
Excuse the breach of RoC, but sign me the heck up!

Zomopɛngwimɑnowɛb’ɪkɛninɛskələstɹəlungbɑrotɹotadandɛlɑnas || Adoptive cousin of the Prydonian Chapter || Houses Aesculus and Lungbarrow || they/them ||
Admin
View user profilehttp://academiagallifreya.forumotion.com

on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 02:08
Consider me registered. I'm very excited to start this course!
View user profile

on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 17:36
LoveAdric wrote:This is the track I'd like to be on alongside/after Pre-Req. have had some previous training, would it be alright if I studied the materials independently since I'm still taking the prerequisite for becoming a student? ~Sam (loveadric)

I think that could work? My concern is that it would be overloading you, because some of the material requires a lot of focus and study.
Thescarletblaze

on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 09:15
I'm very interested
View user profile

on Tue 08 May 2018, 14:28
Since everyone is on the Discord server, and some people are not here often (or possibly ever), I'm going to stay over in the server for this course: https://discord.gg/EasJsD

on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 06:02
With all due respect, it wasn't an issue of being overwhelmed in this course, the only factor that was problematic was being asked repeatedly to silence myself in the discord server. Therefore the statement at top of this page about this being something which is inclusive to those who are curious about reconstruction is not true, it was a council member who asked me not to speak in discord channels and it was harmful to my well being when I agreed. Since it has led to my removal from classes (I left GT because I could no longer have the negativity in my life from being silent, my significant other is still a member which is his choice, I don't make his choices for him and he's already had to deal with far too much of the negativity from me when I had no one else to speak to that I trusted in the reconstruction groups, he's agreed not to message others on my behalf that are members because I do not plan to even consider returnining this year) on this site, it is a thing others should be aware of. Any organization that labels itself as inclusive shouldn't be silencing members and then ensuring they can't access some of their own class notes. I hope everyone else does well with the class, I've blocked most everyone except for the one person I'm willing to speak with on discord dm. ~Formerly Adric Of Aesculus, exiled by My own choice to avoid the possibility of health issues being further worsened by participation.

Last edited by blackguardian on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 06:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled the phrase (on mobile) do not, edited for clarification to avoid confusion.)

on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 07:28
Update: I've been informed that the person I knew outside of GT has chosen on their own to not be a member, therefore this account is dead and I wish you all the best in future endeavors. ~Formerly Adric of Aesculus, with no ill will towards others. It was a learning experience, and not one I'd choose to repeat with the current setup. I'm still glad I took the chance to try and be a part of it, I'll always be sad that it wasn't a good thing, but it can still be something others can choose to use for good in their lives. Goodbye.
Admin
View user profilehttp://academiagallifreya.forumotion.com

on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 12:16
I just wish to say, for posterity, that former!Adric was not "told to silence themself." They were told to keep the space safe for others by not posting graphic, disturbing walls of text in which they insisted that the world was out to get them, because GT as an organization is not equipped to help with those issues. 
I, along with Student Eclipse&, witnessed Adric doing this in a GT-affiliated server for young children in plural systems, after which a young member of Student Eclipse's collective refused to speak in the server if Adric was online because he was so badly triggered by the event. I was afraid to monitor the activity of my own House, of which I am Kithriarch, for similar reasons. 
If a member of GT needs support, GT will provide. But they need to let GT support them, and they need to do something in return.
View user profile

on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 13:38
My only further comments are thus: There is a large difference between "being silenced" and being asked to moderate/filter oneself for the sake of the well-being of others. Behaving in a disruptive way in a classroom is also inappropriate. Students who are unable to follow the Rule of Conduct may be asked to leave.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum