ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

A school of tradition and heritage for the children of Gallifrey on earth. All are welcome.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  PublicationsPublications  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Presidential Resignation Speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The HIY System
Admin

PostSubject: Presidential Resignation Speech   Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 am

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I am resigning from the Presidency of the Gallifreyan Tradition, leaving the Society and appointing Patrician Romana as my replacement, as they have indicated that they desire the Presidency and are capable of fulfilling the role. I know this will come to a shock to many of you, and I am perfectly willing to stick around on GT’s various social media for the rest of today to tie up any loose ends and be able to DM with me due to the fact that we share a server.

I have not really been able to accomplish what I want in my Presidency, and have found meetings of the Council unnecessarily tense as a whole, and no longer believe that GT is the best place for me. Most particularly, I have had difficulty working with Patrician Chancellor Cassandra and Healer-Advisor Isa, finding that I cannot even disagree with them much on important issues related to interpersonal issues between members of the Society (such as the argument that took place recently about joking about killing r*pists) while still having a functional working relationship. I wish GT the best going forward, and hope that it will be able to resolve its disputes in more professional ways in the future, and actually adhere to the RoC in Council meetings when there is conflict. Proof of my statements can be found in either the Council Session notes channel on the Discord or on the Slytherin House Tumblr.

I will not be abandoning reconstruction of Gallifreyan society. I have founded an alternative group, https://new-gallifrey.tumblr.com/ . I hope that we may one day have a comfortable working relationship with the Society, although I understand that this may take quite a while to happen. Contrary to what some members of the Society may believe, neither AUK nor former Patrician Teddy/Ty are involved. I am not disclosing the full member list at the moment as I do not want people to start pointing fingers, but we do have several members and will be launching our own Academy courses next week. If you would like an invite to the Discord server, feel free to message me and you may join. There is no requirement that you leave the Society in order to do so.

Last edited by The HIY System on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The HIY System
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Resignation Speech   Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 am

The screenshots, as promised in my resignation speech. https://twosunsandfoursnakes.tumblr.com/post/168642795954/the-screenshots-as-promised-in-my-resignation

Presidential Resignation Speech
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1