ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

A school of tradition and heritage for the children of Gallifrey on earth. All are welcome.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  PublicationsPublications  Log inLog in  

Initiation Workshop Homework

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimmyChi

PostSubject: Initiation Workshop Homework   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am

Initiation Workshop Homework - The Six Virtues & The Seven Flaws

Part 1 - Loyalty
I decided to choose Loyalty for my homework because due to recent events, I have learned how important loyalty is within GT. Loyalty is a huge part of what GT is and I have decided to use it for this first part of the homework. GT is a family and therefore we should treat each other as such. We are more then just a group of internet friends who are mostly Gallifreyankin and seek to recreate our home which is Gallifrey. We are also a family. And loyalty is very important within a family. Without loyalty how can any family function properly?
Without loyalty to one another, our family would dissolve into nothing but constant fighting and untrust. We need to stay loyal to each other if we were to ever function as a working family. Loyalty is where you remain supportive and aligned with a certain group of people such as a charity or organisation for example. By remaining loyal to them, you are giving them your support and you are showing them that you are willing to help them in any way possible in order to achieve their initial goal. Our goal as GT is to somewhat recreate Gallifrey in any way we possibly can in this world. And in order to achieve that goal, we must remain loyal and never betray each other or let each other down.

I feel like loyalty resonates with me because when it comes to certain people or groups of people, I’m usually incredibly loyal to them. Yes I can be gullible and somewhat easily pursuaded but when it comes to loyalty, I am incredibly loyal to whom I call my friends and family. Throughout my time here in GT, I have felt incredibly homely with now who I call my second family. And since I am choosing to initiate as a full member that also proves my loyalty to GT and what we stand for.

Part 2 - Apathy
Now I chose Apathy out of the Seven Flaws, because even though I always ask people how they’re doing and try my best to make them feel better or give them advice, I have always struggled with apathy. Apathy is where you show lack of concern or emotion. Because of my Autism, I have always struggled with apathy. It’s easy for me to show emotion when I’m incredibly happy or depressed. But when it comes to other people’s emotions, I tend to struggle more. I remember when my grandad died. My entire family was upset and crying but all I cared about was my eye drops for the day because I had some kind of eye infection. I still remember when my family looked at me and they looked slightly shocked that I wasn’t crying or asking anything about grandad. This is why I hate talking about anything sad or depressing or anything related to death or funerals. Because I always feel heartless whenever someone’s upset or angry and either I don’t care at all or just get upset and angry myself. Even though I do have emotion and care about others, I just struggle to express my concern of others. I feel like the best way I can overcome it is if and when I spot someone having a bad time, I try my best to give them advice or ask if they need anything. Because I have recently been doing that a lot and it is working for me.

I hope this homework is alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Workshop Homework   Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 pm

That is good so far, Candidate, but please remember that the flaws are chosen. Having naturally low empathy is not being apathetic. Having the capability to care but choosing not to is apathy. 

Empathy is a trait, not a virtue. Feelings are just that-- feelings. And if you don't have them, you don't have them. It's what you do that makes the difference, and in that situation, there was nothing that you could have done. 

On a related note, I am going to give you a special assignment which will last the duration of the initiation workshop. This is a new thing that I am trying in this session, to help each initiate become more prepared for their rite of passage. Your assignment is to learn about yourself. By the end of the course, I expect a journal entry of 500 words or more, answering the following questions: "What are my core beliefs?" "How can I best live by them?" "What are my best qualities?" "Where did these qualities come from?"

You may not mention your parents or their opinions of you in this assignment. This is about building an identity apart from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://academiagallifreya.forumotion.com
KimmyChi

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Workshop Homework   Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Thank you Patrician for your comment. Do I have to redo my assignment or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Workshop Homework   Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 pm

This will suffice for now. There are no wrong answers in the Initiation Workshop. The goal of this class is personal growth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://academiagallifreya.forumotion.com
KimmyChi

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Workshop Homework   Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 am

Thank you Patrician.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KimmyChi

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Workshop Homework   Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 am

Initiation Workshop Homework - My Chapter

Part 1 - What My Chapter Means to Me
When I originally joined GT, I looked through the list of chapters that were present within GT. After reading through them all, I thought Arcal suited me best, due to the fact I love doing research and paperwork on things that greatly interest me. However as I discovered more about my Gallifreyan self, I realised that the colours red and gold felt like home to me. Even though I may be Arcal inclined, I felt that Prydon suited me spiritually. Back on Gallifrey, I was Prydonian and I felt more better suited to Prydon in GT. So I changed my house to Prydon instead of Arcal. From my research, Prydon is the most influential and politically powerful chapter in all of Gallifrey, hence why every Lord President on Gallifrey was of the Prydonian Chapter. There have been a couple renegades from Prydon including my father The Doctor and of course The Master. I was definitely very renegadey especially since I spent more time with my father. Anyways, what my Chapter means to me, is that not only is it another connection to Gallifrey itself and my father, but also that it represents who I am as a Gallifreyan. I am Prydonian spiritually even if I may not seem like it.

Part 2 - Who I Am in Relation to My Chapter
I will be honest, sometimes I don’t feel like an actual Prydonian within GT. I always see Prydonians as big powerful and strong political Gallifreyans who are leaders and know what they’re doing. And honestly sometimes I don’t feel like that. I don’t feel like a big strong Prydonian who knows what they’re doing. However despite that, I still feel Prydonian spiritually. I do express an interest in becoming a member of GT’s Council once I am Initiated and Adopted, so maybe that’s another link to my Prydonian self. I feel like I want to become part of something bigger and if I join the council then maybe I will achieve that. I feel like if I joined the Council, I will learn more and understand more about my Gallifreyan self and who I am in the Prydonian Chapter. But despite that interest, I feel like I won’t do a great job at being a member of the Council because I feel like my current personality doesn’t match that of a Prydonian even though I am Prydonian spiritually. I’m still learning more about who I am as a Prydonian and as a Gallifreyan within GT and hopefully I will learn more as I discover more about myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Workshop Homework   

Back to top Go down

Initiation Workshop Homework
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1