ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

A school of tradition and heritage for the children of Gallifrey on earth. All are welcome.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  PublicationsPublications  Log inLog in  

Gallifreyan Healers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Gallifreyan Healers   Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:15 pm

A course intended to discuss the nature and role of Healers on Gallifrey: who and what they were, how they worked (by Chapter and House associations), where they originated, and whatever happened to them.
Open to Healers who want to learn more about themselves, each other, and their place in Gallifreyan history, as well as anyone who wishes to learn.

Topics covered in the course will include:
Ethics of Healing
History of Healers
Methods of Healing
Becoming a Healer/Healers in Gallifreyan Society
Any other topic that comes up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The HIY System
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Greetings, Healer! I have Healer inclinations, fulfilling that role in my system as well as having done forms of magical healing in my past life. I would like to sign up.

~ Narcissa Black of the HIY System

Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm

I will be starting official Healer classes on 08/30/17, next Wednesday, at 8 PM Eastern Daylight time, United States. All are welcome to join. I hold most of my classes on skype, so if you are interested in joining, please let me know here or on Skpe so I can add you to the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The HIY System
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:01 pm

I would like to join, although due to the fact that my system will be moving into college on 8/30 I will not be able to attend the study group live.

- Narcissa Black

Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Reminder to all that Healer classes start this week at 8PM Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Reminder: Healer's class this Wednesday 09/27, 8 PM EDT US. Please have essays completed by then. If you cannot complete the assignments or attend class, please let me know in advance.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Notice: All Healer's Classes on hiatus until further notice. Please note, this does not excuse you from completing the assignments, it gives you more time to do them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Classes will resume 10/18/17, usual time. Please have your essays and other assignments turned in by then. Also please check your Skypes for group invites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Homework assignment for 10/18/17:
1) Case study: Face the Raven/Heaven Sent/Hell Bent. On my Gallifrey, when someone regenerated, if anyone was in the room with them, the regeneration caused a strong, almost artificial Bond to form between the Time Lord and any in the room with them. When Eleven regenerated into Twelve, that Bond was formed with Clara. When Clara died, that Bond was forcibly broken, causing the Doctor to essentially go mad with grief.
Question: At what point should Healers intervene in that grief and broken Bond, and how should the Healer intervene?
2) The limits of Healer intervention, ie Patient self-determination and their right to dictate their own treatment vs. their own good/the good of others. Which kind of relates to the first question but in a more broad application.
3) Choose either Pain or Death. How would knowing and working with one of Them assist you in your work in understanding a patient or other who needs Healing, and how would you apply that level of intimate knowledge?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:57 pm

As Healers, we are witness to horrid things, some of which may remind us of things that we have been through ourselves. The questions we must ask ourselves, are "what are our triggers?" "What are we not able to handle, not be because we do not have the capabilities, but because it is too painful for us?" And...how do we handle it?
1) There is no shame or weakness in not being able to handle something. The only problem arises when we know our limits and do not acknowledge them. Oh, look, there's Pain's original lesson.
2) There is never shame in asking for help. There is no weakness in "tapping out" or asking someone else to handle it. The trick is being realistic with ourselves and knowing what we can manage at any one time, which may also change from day to day or patient to patient.

Homework: essay, which can be sent to me privately. 250 words--what would be a situation you would have trouble working with, due to your own personal experiences? At what point does your empathy become a trigger? And what are your options for dealing with that occurrence?
More importantly, take care of yourselves. Your second assignment is to take a least a half hour a day to yourselves doing something (your choice) that makes you feel good and restores you. Write a short paragraph before you do so, stating how you are feeling, then another after you take the half hour, not immediately after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:00 pm

So my pupils know: It has been brought to my attention that some are finding it difficult to keep up with assignments. As of now, I do not expect assignments to be completed in any particular time. I strongly encourage everyone to attempt to complete the assignments before the next class, as they will be discussed and reviewed during the class, but it is not required. If you are having difficulty with assignments, please let me know and I will arrange something with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gallifreyan Healers   

Back to top Go down

Gallifreyan Healers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1