ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

A school of tradition and heritage for the children of Gallifrey on earth. All are welcome.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  PublicationsPublications  Log inLog in  

A Question of Fate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zomomalungbarrowtodonos

PostSubject: A Question of Fate   Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:17 am

(excuse the strange title; I couldn't think what to call this thread and default at the dramatic when that happens)

I've been curious about something. Mostly for my own benefit, but also in the interests of the reconstruction, I'd like to know what memories people have of the different paths a Time Lord could take (healer, president, etcetera) and how they would get there. 

For example, I had great powers in empathy and healing. Would that automatically lead me to become a Healer, regardless of the origin of that power and my other talents? Or would I be able to take a different path to a different role in society?

I feel like if we (or I, as I am aware my ignorance in these matters is far greater than some of you) had a more solid idea of the-.. graduation process, I suppose, and the jobs Time Lords could have, and what tasks and roles those jobs would contain, we could use and adapt that to our daily lives or craft. I have healing abilities in this life too and, if the answer is yes I would have become a Healer, I could explore how that would come into my daily life as a Time Lord and adapt elements of it into my Craft (eg. Meditations or practices before they healed, methods of healing, etc)

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I felt it a larger subject than could be answered in the Discord server, as here everyone can see and respond at their leisure.

Zomamɑlungbɑrotadanas || Adoptive cousin of the Prydonian Chapter || House Lungbarrow || they/them ||
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prydonianprincess.tumblr.com
Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Fate   Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm

I think that you mean "Gallifreyan" rather than "Time Lord," as Healer is a separate rank with a separate set of duties than those of a Patrician.
I will notify Healer Isa of this thread's existence, because she is much more qualified to advise on such topics than I am.

Patrician Cassandra of House Oakdown | They/them | Prydon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://academiagallifreya.forumotion.com
Temporal Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Fate   Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Patrician Cassandra. I will be following up on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zomomalungbarrowtodonos

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Fate   Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:48 pm

Of course, Patrician Cass, my mistake. And thank you both

Zomamɑlungbɑrotadanas || Adoptive cousin of the Prydonian Chapter || House Lungbarrow || they/them ||
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prydonianprincess.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Fate   

Back to top Go down

A Question of Fate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1