ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

A school of tradition and heritage for the children of Gallifrey on earth. All are welcome.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  PublicationsPublications  Log inLog in  

Simply Psychology

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patrician Shilo

PostSubject: Simply Psychology   Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:14 pm

This will be a place to learn and talk about psychology and understand how people think. I mostly focus on cognitive and psychology due to special interests making this my focus when I was studying (AA in psychology with hopes to return and finish at least up to a MS, if not a PhD).

A major focus will be on neurodiversity. I believe that psychology should be used to help us understand each other, never to control or condemn people for being different.

Most everything will be posted here, including links to interesting articles I find, however I believe a Skype will help so that we can have real time discussions. Updates will be on Fridays by 5 PM EST and I hope that you all enjoy the class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrician Shilo

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:24 pm

I am curious how many people are interested in this class. I'm putting a link to a Google Doc here to sign up and determine what's best for every one. I'll be checking it next friday afternoon at 5pm to see how things go.
Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Mel

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:09 pm

I apologise, I did not see this in time. I cannot access the google docs link, but I would be interested in joining this class (which is why I have joined in with the assignment about the PBJ sandwich). Is that okay?

Candidate Mel

Mɛlmɑk’ip’ətalt̪ɔsɾuwawifɾɪniɾtad || Chapter: Arcalian || Rank: Candidate || Pronouns: they/them ||
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zomomalungbarrowtodonos

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:22 pm

As Mel said, I'm rather late to this and I cannot see a google docs link, but I'm certainly interested in participating if that is okay

Zomamɑlungbɑrotadanas || Adoptive cousin of the Prydonian Chapter || House Lungbarrow || they/them ||
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prydonianprincess.tumblr.com
azura

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm interested as well.

Patrician Shilo

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 pm

It is wonderful and I am glad to see you both participating in class. I do apologize for my late reply also.

Any one who would like to join may add their response anytime before Friday at 5 Central, but it will not be considered for filming unless it is in by 5 Central today. This is because I will have to reformat your responses into a numbered list to show you what I need to. Feel free to do that yourselves if you get this message in time, but do not worry if you don't.

Do not worry about the google doc link at the moment. I will be re-purposing to include free text books for the class. I am a bit of a stickler for detail like that and I want to show you exactly where all of my information is coming from. I will see you all in class at Friday.

Last edited by Patrician Shilo on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I missed some information the first time I wrote it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkitSquad

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Good afternoon, Patrician Shilo. As discussed on the GT Discord server today, I would like to join the class as well. I'm very excited for the opportunity to learn more about a fascinating subject. I would also like to join the Skype group if possible. 

Thanks,
Candidate Morgan, of the Skit Squad system

P.S. - I really hope I did my signature right with the name in the correct format to comply with the Rule of Conduct for including formal names - if not I will gladly take into account any correction since the initiation workshop hasn't quite covered that yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teadwin

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:31 pm

I missed the first assignment; may I still sign up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrician Shilo

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Teadwin wrote:
I missed the first assignment; may I still sign up?
Yes, you may. I have noticed a few people who were not aware of my class who would enjoy it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simply Psychology   

Back to top Go down

Simply Psychology
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1