ACADEMIA GALLIFREYA
Welcome to Academia Gallifreya! Please log in to proceed.

A school of tradition and heritage for the children of Gallifrey on earth. All are welcome.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  PublicationsPublications  Log inLog in  

The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Welcome, newcomers, to the Initiation Workshop. This six-week course in the basic principles of our Society is designed to prepare a candidate for full induction into the organization. If one chooses to sign up for the workshop, they are doing so with the understanding that the end result of the workshop is initiation-- if you are not interested in becoming an initiate, do not register.

I will be keeping in contact with the members of the Initiation Workshop via Skype-- please message me at live:c.oakdown with the words "Initiation Workshop" in order to be added to the group.

Week 1: The guiding virtues and code of conduct.
Week 2: Organization of the Society, chapter system, and levels of participation.
Week 3: Conflict resolution and abuse prevention protocol.
Week 4: Culture and history of GT as an organization.
Week 5: Radical acceptance and the nature of identity.
Week 6: The importance of ritual, both from a psychological and spiritual perspective. Also, preparation for the Initiation Rite.

Assignments will be posted once the seminar begins and throughout the duration of the course. I thank you for your participation, and am excited to work with you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://academiagallifreya.forumotion.com
Zomomalungbarrowtodonos

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 pm

If I may, when is the first lecture/assignment? I'm confined to mobile right now because my PC is broken, therefore no access to Skype and I'm getting paranoid that I have/am going to miss it

Zomamɑlungbɑrotadanas || Adoptive cousin of the Prydonian Chapter || House Lungbarrow || they/them ||
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prydonianprincess.tumblr.com
Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:16 am

A valid question, Candidate Sapphire. I apologize for keeping you waiting for as long as I have.
The first lecture for this workshop will be on Tuesday, 25 July 2017.

Patrician Cassandra of House Oakdown | They/them | Prydon
Back to top Go down
Zomomalungbarrowtodonos

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Okay, I'll bear it in mind and try to be there. Thank you for letting me know

Zomamɑlungbɑrotadanas || Adoptive cousin of the Prydonian Chapter || House Lungbarrow || they/them ||
Back to top Go down
SkitSquad

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 am

Good morning, Lord Patrician, and thank you for posting notice of this class. If it is not too late, we would be interested in joining in order to have an organized way in which to prepare for initiation into GT. Though we are new, we are eager to learn and appreciate the opportunity to do so.

Respectfully Yours,
Calista & Morgan, of the Skit Squad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:52 am

Good morning. Of course it is not too late-- I would actually welcome your involvement.

Back to top Go down
Zomomalungbarrowtodonos

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:56 pm

My PC is currently entirely unusable. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up or someone will share notes but as it stands I thought I should let you know I won't be able to attend this week's lecture. My apologies

Back to top Go down
alienated

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Patrician Cassandra, I believe I may have missed Tuesday's class. If so, is there any way that I may access notes or assignments? Also, for future reference, how will you be contacting us on Skype? I was unsure because I do not use Skype very often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teadwin

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:31 pm

What is the assignment for the first week?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faemon

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:54 am

Sorry to have missed it! I only surf on my phone too. I hope there are ways to catch up, and the whole course reads as very helpful and fascinating.

Patrician C. Oakdown
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am

Candidates Calista and Morgan of the Skit Squad System have agreed to be the official Record Keepers for this workshop. If you cannot attend one of the courses on Skype, which will be held every Tuesday, you may access notes and assignments by speaking to them. 

In addition, they will be starting a thread in Finished Assignments to record all notes and assigned work for this course.

Back to top Go down
Coordinator Narvin

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:51 am

Patrician Cassandra, may I sign up for this workshop despite my rank? It is a subject I wish to study.

I'm a fool; I forgot I signed up for this already. Whoops.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narvinectralonum.neocities.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]   

Back to top Go down

The Initiation Workshop [COURSE ADVERTISEMENT + REGISTRATION ]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1